Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The Acekool Stand Mixer Is Way More Affordable Than Most Mixers (and It’s Pretty Darn Amazing) - PureWow

cookies.indah.link

Assembly

The mixer arrived assembled with the bowl, whisk and splatter shield attached; the dough hook, beater and black baffle were wrapped separately. For full transparency, two small pieces of plastic were already cracked off the splatter shield when I opened the box, but it still clipped onto the bowl just fine, so I didn’t sweat it. After washing everything, I attached the black baffle (it’s basically a dust cover that clicks into whatever mixing blade you’re using so food doesn’t splatter while you mix) to the beater, because Acekool recommends using that head for medium-heavy mixtures like crepes and cookie dough.

I’ll admit it took me a few tries to finally get both pieces attached to the blade connector, and being a total newbie to stand mixers, I found the switch knob that allows the mixer to tilt back and forth to be a bit unpredictable. (It works as directed, but the motion is more delayed and sudden than smooth. There were a couple instances when I thought I had tilted it as far as it could go in either direction, but it could have gone further.) Once everything was locked in place, it was time to warm ’er up: Acekool recommends plugging in the mixer and letting each speed run for a few seconds when you first use it.

When I finally got to see it on my counter, I realized it takes up the amount of space you’d likely expect—not too much, but it isn’t excessively small either. (However, I will point out that it’s more compact than the five-quart KitchenAid Artisan Series.) The only way that the KitchenAid model definitively trumps Acekool’s is with its massive variety of colors. The Acekool Mixer MC1 is currently only available in black, silver and red, but as someone who doesn’t bake often (and has very limited counter space), I won’t be leaving it out 24/7 anyway. (Also, I might be in love with KitchenAid’s lavender cream-colored number, but is the paint job worth the price tag? My wallet says no.)

Once I was finished and attached the splatter shield, it was time to whip up the cookie dough.

The Link Lonk


April 14, 2021 at 08:07AM
https://ift.tt/3se0KCF

The Acekool Stand Mixer Is Way More Affordable Than Most Mixers (and It’s Pretty Darn Amazing) - PureWow

https://ift.tt/2CkeA2e
Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Whipped Miso Butter - goodhousekeeping.com

cookies.indah.link A flavoured butter to ramp up the yum factor on grilled or BBQ meats, fish and veggies! Advertisement - Continu...

Popular Posts