Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, March 12, 2021

Chew This! Chocoholic Chocolate Cookies | News | shelbynews.com - Shelbynews

cookies.indah.link

It is no secret to any of my followers and readers that I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic! All of my life I have loved chocolate and find myself gravitating towards things chocolate filled or chocolate flavored whenever I am looking for something sweet, which is more times than not. Do not get me wrong, I love most all flavors, including a new love for coconut pecan frosting, but if given my top choice, it would be chocolate.

Speaking of coconut pecan frosting, combine 1 cup evaporated milk with 1 cup brown sugar, 1 stick butter, 3 egg yolks and a splash of vanilla extract in a pot over medium heat and stir 20 minutes until thick. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans and 1 cup shredded coconut. Set aside to cool for about 20 minutes and then spread on top of your favorite chocolate cake and you talk about delicious! Yum! Anyways, back to this recipe! Ha! When I got to thinking about sharing a chocoholic recipe I immediately thought, cookies!

I love chocolate chip cookies! The only thing, to me, missing from a chocolate chip cookie is, more chocolate of course! So, I got to experimenting with recipes and wondered to myself how many chocolate chips I could physically incorporate into a single cookie recipe. Yes, it was as fun as it sounds! For this recipe, I have found a way to incorporate two whole bags of chocolate chips! 2/3 cup of them melted and stirred into the cookie batter, with the remaining chocolate chips, stirred into the batter at the end. They sound rich and delicious because they are rich and delicious!

The melted chocolate chips really add something special to the cookie batter. These cookies are big – ¼ cup size – and deeply flavored. If you really want to kick the chocolate flavor up a notch in these already chocolate packed cookies, stir in 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules into the cookie batter. The instant coffee granules will make the chocolate taste more like chocolate! I promise, there is absolutely no coffee flavor when you use this trick! I love it!

Chocoholic Chocolate Cookies

This dough can be made in advance and chilled, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leftover baked cookies can be kept, covered, at room temperature for about 2 days while still maintaining their texture.

24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 stick unsalted butter, soft

1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed

1/4 cup white granulated sugar

1 large egg

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup white all-purpose flour

Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt 2/3 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips by microwaving them on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds, until they are smooth and glossy.

In a large bowl cream together the soft unsalted butter with the packed light brown sugar and white granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.

Beat in the large egg and pure vanilla extract.

Add in the melted 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir together.

Stir in the baking soda, salt and unsweetened cocoa powder.

Stir in the white all-purpose flour.

Stir in the rest of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Divide the dough into ¼ cup size balls and place, spaced about 4 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for exactly 18 minutes.

After baked, remove and allow the cookies to cool on their baking sheets before enjoying.

Ask and Answer: Janet Godby wrote with not only an excellent idea but also an excellent question that I thought I would share here with everyone. She wrote and said that she was taking some of her favorite recipes and compiling them onto a computer so she can print them out onto index cards and place them in plastic cover sheets for protection. I thought that was a fabulous idea and something that could be passed down from generation to generation. Her question to me pertained to certain words she was finding in recipes such as blend, whisk, beat and fold. I told her that each recipe is written different for a reason and when I am writing a recipe, I take incredibly careful consideration in what types of words I use. If I write in a recipe, I want someone to beat something into a batter that actually means, beat with force using a wooden spoon or hand help mixer. When I write fold, that means to literally fold the ingredients carefully together. When a recipe says whisk, that means using a wire whisk. The more you read and notice words like this in recipes, the more familiar you will get with them.

Blaise Doubman, of Kennard, is an Indiana University graduate. He invites readers to visit his website at: TRAIL BLAISE (http://trailblaise.com). He loves to hear from his readers and can be contacted via the contact page found directly on his website.

The Link Lonk


March 12, 2021 at 06:00PM
https://ift.tt/3rT5K04

Chew This! Chocoholic Chocolate Cookies | News | shelbynews.com - Shelbynews

https://ift.tt/2CkeA2e
Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Whipped Miso Butter - goodhousekeeping.com

cookies.indah.link A flavoured butter to ramp up the yum factor on grilled or BBQ meats, fish and veggies! Advertisement - Continu...

Popular Posts